.NET/C# Software Developer
DirectMail.com seeks a passionate and experienced mid-level .NET / C# Software Engineer to join our team: this role is to be filled by someone who is enthusiastic about software development and who will establish themselves as a key contributor in a small, high-energy environment. The Software Engineer is an important part in the design, development, testing, deployment and enhancement of customer-facing solutions at DirectMail.com.
- Developing requirements and functional specifications based on team and user feedback.
- Writing, testing, implementing and managing new applications, and enhancing existing systems based on current programming and platform standards.
- Creating quality documentation and working with project teams to develop user guides, FAQ’s, etc.
- Participating in conceptualization sessions and system reviews.
- Working independently with limited supervision.
- 4+ years experience building web applications in the .NET framework including C# and SQL Server.
- 3+ years experience with SQL and stored procedures in SQL Server 2008 or later .
- Experience working with large database indexing and optimization (100+ GB in size).
- Experience with Microsoft Technologies including IIS management.
- Experience developing and implementing web services, including integration of third party APIs.
- Experience working with GIS development tools such as OpenLayers, Google Maps API or commercial applications a plus.
- Must be comfortable with quickly understanding and prototyping system enhancements and prioritizing development based on business needs.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering or other related area.
Interested applicants meeting the above requirements should submit their resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
DirectMail.com is an established, full-service direct mail marketing company located in Prince Frederick, Calvert County. Excellent benefits package, including 401(K). No phone calls please. DirectMail.com is an equal opportunity employer.