DirectMail.com is seeking candidates for our open Forklift Operator/Driver position.
DirectMail.com is an industry leader providing Intelligent Marketing Solutions to the nation's leading brands, fundraisers, membership organizations and midmarket enterprises.
Our Forklift Operator/Drivers operate powered industrial trucks to load and unload materials and deliveries and move them to and from storage areas, machines and loading docks, into trucks or storage facilities.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Obtains copy of production schedule or shipping order and transports material or equipment to and from designated areas in the facility
- Loading and unloading goods from vehicles such as trucks.
- Moving goods packed on pallets or in crates around the storage facility
- Stacking goods in the correct storage bays, following inventory control instructions
- Checking loads are secure
- Stacking empty pallets
- Performing daily equipment checks such as recharging the truck’s battery and lubricating equipment
- Removing machine attachments and waste material from machines
- Examining products to verify conformance to quality standards
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Good math, language and reading skills; basic computer skills may be required
- High degree of attention required to prevent injury to others; promote a safe work environment
- Follow instructions for operating equipment and keeping records
- Execute assignments in an accurate, timely and safe manner
- Maintain a clean & safe environment
- May be required to use RF scanner gun
- Clean driving record and a valid state motor vehicle operator’s license may be required
- Reliable transportation
- Forklift certification per OSHA standards
- Experience withstands up and sit-down forklifts
*Experience with double reach forklifts and clamp trucks is a PLUS*
Physical demands and abilities:
- Regularly sitting on a powered industrial truck
- Frequently lift up to 30 pounds and adjust body position to bend, stoop, stand, walk, turn, pivot, and stand for long periods of time
- Having good eye-hand-foot coordination
- Ability to assess weights and judge distances and heights
- Ability to work in varying temperatures, depending upon season
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- 401K with employer match after 12 months of employment
- Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance
- HSA spending account
- Paid time off
- Long- and short-term disability
- Competitive pay
We look forward to hearing from you!
Interested applicants meeting the above requirements should submit their resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DirectMail.com is an established, full-service direct mail marketing company located in Prince Frederick, Calvert County. Excellent benefits package, including 401(K). No phone calls please. DirectMail.com is an equal opportunity employer.